WorldEmber 2020 Pledge Document
This is a temporary article for the WorldEmber 2020 prep homework!
GoalsDuring WorldEmber 2020 I am going all in on my worldbuilding. Expect to see tonnes of new lore, interactive maps, snazzy artwork, fancy layouts, and even some audio experiences.
- 10k words - I aspire to reach the minimum wordcount completion goal for WorldEmber before the 20th so that I have plenty of time for writing extra words, polishing my articles, or making artwork and graphics
- 25k words - This is the stretch goal that I will try to achieve by the end of the competition! I feel like it's achieveable if I schedule my time well and don't feel too stressed with burnout
- 50k words?? - I'm not sure how close I can get to this, but if I hit 25k by the 20th then I'll give it my best shot! I tried doing NaNoWriMo once before and that killed me, but I enjoy worldbuilding much more than writing a novel, so let's see what happens!
- Flesh out E.Lite content - The main focus of my worldbuilding during this challenge will be to get all the content I need ready for making Melior a playable setting using the Ethnis Lite RPG toolset
- No messy worldbuilding - I'm going to religiously check back on my world's meta section so that I can keep all of my worldbuilding aligned to the genre, tone, scope, and recurring themes. There will be a lot of checking and editing back and forth to make sure that all of the articles are connected!
- Community engagement - what goes around comes around! I'll be returning the likes, follows, and comments on all of the amazing worldbuilding that inspires me!
Planned ArticlesThese are the article ideas I have planned for Melior during WorldEmber 2020! A lot of them will be to flesh out content to make this world playable as an Ethnis Lite setting and will focus on a specific region defined by the scope in my world's meta section (read it here)! I plan to get as many of these done as possible during WorldEmber, but any that are left over I will work on in the new year!
Maps: PREPARED!I've learnt from last year and have prepared my maps for WorldEmber in advance (as they don't count towards any wordcount)! I have reflected back on the details in my world meta page and have kept my focus to worldbuilding within The Isles of Orlend. I have created a region map within this for the County of Woldshire, of which you can click a level further to explore the City of Bradstowe (wanna go deeper? explore the Abbey or a typical House)! I have populated these interactive maps with empty pins for locations that I can fill out during the month, and have added clickable labels to help you navigate between the maps (and back again). Check it out here!
Where would you explore first on my map?
I'm just here for WorldEmber
Character Art PrepI've been preparing characters, species and poses using HeroForge! As per their terms of service, I'll be using them non-commercially to represent characters and species in my world until I have time to sit down & do proper concept art for them!
Folks of Melior by 3D Models via HeroForge, edit by TJ Trewin
So far I've made the header images, but there are some great standalone models as well that I'm looking forward to using! I LOVE HEROFORGE omg I could spend all day using this amazing tool #notsponsoredbutwillingtobe
Manavaxians by 3D Models via HeroForge, edit by TJ Trewin
A Manavaxian Druid by 3D Model via HeroForge, created by TJ Trewin