You canvass local markets, taverns, and gathering places in an attempt to learn about a specific individual or topic.
The GM determines the DC of the check and the amount of time it takes (typically 2 hours, but sometimes more), along with any benefit you might be able to gain by spending coin on bribes, drinks, or gifts.
Degrees of Performance
- Critical Success You gain relevant information from the next Higher difficulty tier.
- Success You collect information about the individual or topic. The GM determines the specifics.
- Critical FailureYou collect incorrect information about the individual or topic.
Sample Gather Information Tasks
- Untrained talk of the town
- Trained common rumor
- Expert obscure rumor, poorly guarded secret
- Master well-guarded or esoteric information
- Legendary information known only to an incredibly select few, or only to extraordinary beings