“DESTROYER” CLASS IRONMAN (MK. II)
Large construct (robot), neutral
Armor Class 20 (reinforced skymetal plating)
Hit Points 133 ( 14d10+56 )
Skills Perception +8
Damage Vulnerabilities lightning
Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks that aren't skymetal (adamantine)
Damage Immunities necrotic, poison, psychic
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 18
Languages Gothic (A mix of English, German and Japanese)
Challenge 9 (5,000 XP)
- Gift of the Machine God. As a creature of technology, the robot gains many damage and condition resistances and immunities but they are also susceptible to lightning attacks. It can also:
- Automatically gains two proficiencies or feats as needed. It does this as part of short rest downloading the knowledge it needs to finish a mission at hand.
- Has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight or sound and has double proficiency bonus in the Perception skill as it constantly scans its surroundings for danger.
- Is combat-hardened and has a damage threshold of 5. That is, it reduces all individual attacks by 5 damage.
- Charge Weapon. Any metal melee weapon wielded by the robot becomes charged with lightning and deals an extra weapon die of lightning damage on a hit. This damage is included in the attack.
- Combat Flexibility. When outnumbered the robot gains a legendary action for every 4 creatures it is facing up to a maximum of 3 actions. It also gains maximum hit points if facing 6 enemies or more (196 hps).
- Self-Repair. The robot’s nanites repair it of damage at the rate of a number of hit points per hour equal to its CR (9 hit points per hour for the MK II).
- Magic Resistance. The robot has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Magic Weapons. The robot's weapon attacks are magical.
- Overcharge Energy Weapon. Any energy weapon wielded by the robot can be overcharged at the cost of increasing the failure chance by 5% (1 pip on the d20) per die increase. For example, a lazgun has a normal depletion rate of 1 in 20, if the robot overcharges it by twice it increases the damage of the weapon from 3d6 to 5d6 but also increases the depletion rate to 1-3 in 20.
- Multiprocessor. The robot makes a rumble fist attack against one adjacent enemy and then chooses another action (including another rumble fist attack).
- Overcharged Gravgun. Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit 1d20+6 , range 150 ft.; one target. Hit: 16 ( 4d6+2 ) bludgeoning damage (overcharged twice making permanent failure occur on 1-3). This attack may bounce to one additional target within 15 feet doing half as much damage. If the attack successfully hits both targets, they are knocked prone. Alternatively, it can be used in continuous fire mode which acts as a telekinesis spell. Check for failure each minute telekinesis is active.
- Rumble Fist. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit 1d20+8 , reach 10 ft.; one target. Hit: 25 ( 3d12+7 ) bludgeoning and the target is pushed back 15 feet. On a critical hit, the target is stunned until the end of its next turn.
- Thunder Orb. The robot launches a sonic grenade up to 50 feet away. All creatures in a 20-foot sphere of a targeted square must make a DEX saving throw or take 14 ( 2d6+4 ) thunder damage and the force of the impact pushes the targets 10 feet away. A successful save halves the damage. On a natural 1, the grenade detonates in the robot's space.
- Soundwave (Recharge 6). The robot releases a wave of sound around its body affecting all living creatures within 15-feet causing 18 ( 2d6+6 ) thunder damage and knocking the target prone on a failed CON save.
- Self-Repair (Recharges after Long Rest). A robot's nanites can repair any robot it touches for 12 4d6 ) points of damage — if the robot uses this ability on itself, it automatically repairs itself for the maximum amount of damage: 24 points.
Implacable (1/Day). When the robot drops to 0 hit points for the first time it regains 15 hit points ( 4d10+16 ) and fights on.
Combat Speed. When outnumbered the robot gains one legendary action for every 4 creatures it is facing up to a maximum of 3 legendary actions. It may choose from its list of available actions and also move up to its speed.
The flexing hiss of motors and the smell of oil and the alien metals and plastic. A soft whir as steel caresses steel. Metallic fingers clench. Artificial eyes glow red.