“KNIGHT” CLASS IRONMAN (MK. I)
Medium construct (robot), neutral
Armor Class 18 (reinforced skymetal plating)
Hit Points 93 ( 11d8+44 )
Skills Perception +6
Damage Vulnerabilities lightning
Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks that aren't skymetal (adamantine)
Damage Immunities necrotic, poison, psychic
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 16
Languages Gothic (A mix of English, German and Japanese)
Challenge 5 (1,800 XP)
- Gift of the Machine God. As a creature of technology, the robot gains many damage and condition resistances and immunities but they are also susceptible to lightning attacks. It can also:
- Automatically gain a single proficiency or feat as needed though it can only have one new ability active at any given time. It does this as part of short rest downloading the knowledge it needs to finish a mission at hand.
- Has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight or sound and has double proficiency bonus in the Perception skill as it constantly scans its surroundings for danger.
- Is combat-hardened and has a damage threshold of 1. That is, it reduces all individual attacks by 1 damage.
- Battlefield Tactics. The robot gains advantage to melee attacks if it has an ally adjacent to the target.
- Charge Weapon. Any metal melee weapon wielded by the robot becomes charged with lightning and deals an extra weapon die of lightning damage on a hit. This damage is included in the attack.
- Self-Repair. The robot’s nanites repair it of damage at the rate of a number of hit points per hour equal to its CR (5 hit points per hour for the MK I).
- Combined Arms. The robot makes two attacks.
- Neural Mace. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit 1d20+7 , reach 5 ft.; one target. Hit: 10 ( 2d8+4 plus resonance) thunder and lightning damage (including 3 lightning damage from charge weapon). Resonance: As the neural mace hits it causes a high-pitched whine causing momentary disorientation in living creatures. On a failed CON save the target gains disadvantage on combat attack rolls and is marked (see Knight’s Honour).
- Machine Slam. Melee Natural Weapon Attack: +7 to hit 1d20+7 , reach 5 ft.; one target. Hit: 8 ( 1d8+4 ) bludgeoning damage. On a critical hit the target is stunned until the end of the robot's next turn.
- Knight’s Honour (Recharges 3~6). When a creature is marked by the robot it releases a sonic boom that affects all non-robots within 5-feet of the robot doing 2d8+5 thunder damage. The target also takes 5 psychic damage until it attacks the robot and for every attack that does not target the robot.
- Self-Repair (Recharges after Long Rest). A robot's nanites can repair any robot it touches for 12 ( 4d6 ) points of damage — if the robot uses this ability on itself, it automatically repairs itself for the maximum amount of damage: 24 points.
Resolve (1/Day). When the robot is bloodied it repairs 10 hit points ( 3d8+12 ), gains 10 temporary hit points and can make a saving throw against an ongoing effect.
Ironmen can use weapons and other items as a human so it is not uncommon to find them carrying weapons, in particular, crowd control type weapons like the neural sword which ceases functioning on a critical fail (assuming characters can figure out how to use it properly and has the same base attributes as a short sword).