Feature Upgrade · Timelines · Created by Hexagon06
timeline timelines time-unit day clarity
What functionality is missing? What is unsatisfying with the current situation?
Currently the smallest unit of time on a timeline is the day. That means that if you have multiple events happening on the same date you cannot influence in which order they appear. If a very important day has multiple events happening at the same day this can quickly become a mess.
I would love to see the integer turn into a float for percentage of a day, or be able to define how many time units are representing one day.
How does this feature request address the current situation?
- This feature would result in showing the true sequence of significant events.
- This feature would expand the uses for timelines, for instance for planning or logging a very tight timeline (e.g. I played a campaign for 16 4 hour sessions, spanning 5 game time days).
- This feature would give the worldbuilders tighter control over the given tools.
- This feature could show the significance of something that happened in the morning resulting in another event in the evening.
What are other uses for this feature request?
- For groups of adventurers multiple major things may happen in a single day. This feature would allow for a timeline for PC group representing their quest.
This suggestion did not achieve sufficient support
This is already possible - check SoulLinks examples.
Project Chronos will be handling all of the above as well
42/300 Votes · +4180 points